||Texaco Capella P 68 delivers value through:
- Reduced oil carryover — Low volatility and greater ammonia immiscibility result in significantly less oil reaching the evaporator, increasing refrigeration efficiency and reducing maintenance. The low pour point and high viscosity index insures that any oil which does reach the evaporator will drain more rapidly than a naphthenic oil.
- Reduced sludging and formation of harmful deposits in the high temperature environment of the compressor. As a result, equipment life and lubricant life can be extended while reducing maintenance.
- Stable viscosity — Base stock properties allow the oil to maintain a stable viscosity, staying in grade longer than a naphthenic refrigeration oil.
- Maximum protection for critical parts of the compressor provided by high viscosity index, low foaming tendency, and inherent antiwear properties. The oil maximizes equipment life and life to overhaul by providing superior lubrication to all moving parts.
- Extended drain intervals — Resistance to thermal degradation allows customers to extend drain intervals.
- Less make-up oil required — Significantly less make-up oil is required because this product resists "carryover" to the refrigeration systems low temperature side.
Texaco Capella P 68 provides superior wear protection for reciprocating, vane, and screw compressors.
Texaco Capella P 68, formulated with Group II base stocks, is designed to specifically address the requirements of ammonia refrigeration systems and provide better results than naphthenic refrigeration oils in these systems. Texaco Capella P 68 provides advantages over naphthenic refrigeration oils in the critical performance areas of lubrication, thermal stability, and reduction of oil carryover
Texaco Capella P 68 is the lubricant of choice for rotary screw, reciprocating, or rotary vane compressors in ammonia refrigeration systems. The single ISO grade is consistent with the recommendation of equipment manufacturers.
Although designed for use in ammonia refrigeration systems, Texaco Capella P 68 is also recommended for use in systems using refrigerant R-22 and R-502 provided the evaporator temperature is above -32°C (-25°F). It is not recommended for systems using refrigerant R-12 or R-134a.
Texaco Capella P 68 is compatible with the seal elastomers commonly used in refrigeration compressors (e.g., Buna-N, chloroprene). Naphthenic refrigeration oils can compromise the integrity of certain seal elastomers. It is good maintenance practice to install new seal elastomers when replacing a naphthenic refrigeration oil. This is especially important when chloroprene (neoprene) seals are present. Texaco Capella P 68
Texaco Capella P 68 is recommended for use in Vilter and Sabroe refrigeration compressors.
- meets the requirements of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (ASDA) for use in federally inspected meat and poultry plants as an H2 lubricant where no food contact will occur.
- meets the requirements of NSF International as an H2 lubricant for use in federally inspected meat and poulty plants where there is no possibility of food contact.
Typical test data are average values only. Minor variations which do not affect product performance are to be expected in normal manufacturing. CPS Number: 222696; MSDS Number: 8703