Search MatWeb for Property Information
For help deciding which search form to use, please read our page on search strategies.
- Advanced Search - MatWeb's most powerful search tool allows users to build complex searches in an iterative process. Possible criteria are property, composition, material category, and user-input text options. (Registration Required).
Quick Search - Accepts user-input text and will prioritize and split multiple terms differently than the Advanced Search. Located in the upper right of every MatWeb page and is reproduced here:
- Material Property Search - Find materials that meet the property value ranges that you require.
- Metal Composition Search - Enter an elemental composition and find the matching alloys.
- Material Type/Category Search - Select the type of material in which you are interested from a systematic list of drop-down boxes.
- Manufacturer Name Search - Select a plastics manufacturer and find data sheets of their proprietary products listed in MatWeb.
- Trade Name Search - Select a plastics trade name and find data sheets listed in MatWeb.
- Polymer Film Search - Find film grade polymers that meet the property value ranges that you require.
- Lubricant Search - Find lubricants that meet the property value ranges that you require.
- Metal Alloy UNS Number - Select from the list of UNS numbers in MatWeb's database and find the matching data sheets.