||Texaco Rust Proof Compounds deliver value through:
- Excellent long-term rust protection — Petrolatum and special additive system form a nonhardening, self sealing film to protect surfaces against the elements. Good water displacing capabilities ensures that the protective film is also waterproof. The special rust inhibitor system ensures maximum protection against corrosive attack. Good penetrating characteristics ensure difficult-to-reach seams and crevices receive effective corrosion protection.
- Minimum surface preparation required — Ability to penetrate existing flaky or heavy rust means that little or no preliminary cleaning of metal surfaces is required before application. This penetrating ability makes existing rust easier to remove, should it be considered desirable to do so for a better or more economical job.
- Minimal cost — Self-sealing properties of the protective film minimizes the need for touch-ups when film damage occurs through scratches or brush marks. The overall cost of this soft film rust protection is much less than ordinary paint.
- Easy removal — Soft protective film is readily soluble in petroleum solvent or kerosine to enable easy removal when required.
Texaco Rust Proof Compounds are soft film rust preventives designed for relatively long-term protection of iron and steel.
They are formulated from high melting point petrolatums and a special rust inhibitor system with penetrating and water displacing capabilities.
Texaco Rust Proof Compounds are recommended for:
May be applied by brush, dip or spray.
- Iron and steel exposed to atmospheric conditions before, during and after manufacturing into finished parts
- Undercoating of vehicles
- Transformer casings
- Bridges and floating bridge pontoons
- Nonfood storage vessels
- Nonpotable water tanks
- Ballast tanks
- Gas holders
- Hoisting equipment
- Farm implements
Typical test data are average values only. Minor variations which do not affect product performance are to be expected in normal manufacturing. CPS Number: 221976; MSDS Number: 9037