||Texaco Sultex delivers value through:
- Heavy duty performance — Texaco Sultex oils are designed for tough machining operations on difficult to machine metals and alloys.
- Low tool wear — Special compounding provides excellent lubricity and antiweld properties.
- Good surface finishes — Chip welding is highly reduced. Surface of finished parts come out extremely fine, producing high quality work.
Texaco Sultex oils are dark, active sulfur, heavy duty cutting oils. They contain highly effective EP and lubricity additives that provide maximum cutting performance. They should not be used to machine copper or its alloys.
Texaco Sultex cutting oils:
Texaco Sultex cutting oils are formulated with paraffinic base stocks with a naturally high viscosity index. These cutting oils have high flash points, minimizing the potential for fire
- provide excellent cooling and lubrication in a wide range of machining operations
- prevent welding of chip and tool
- protect the finished work surfaces, tools and machine against rust and corrosion
- provide long tool life and excellent surface finish
- flush chips away from the work area
- reduce oil mist in high-speed machine tools
Texaco Sultex oils possess the highest level of EP and antiweld properties.
Texaco Sultex D and F are recommended for difficult machining operations, such as tapping, threading, broaching, gear cutting and form grinding. They are suited for machining of ferrous alloys with machinability ratings below 70%
Texaco Sultex oils are also suitable for drawing and stamping operations on difficult to machine metals and alloys.
Texaco Sultex oils contain active sulfur that is staining to yellow metals. Texaco Sultex oils should not be used to machine copper and its alloys.
Typical test data are average values only. Minor variations which do not affect product performance are to be expected in normal manufacturing.CPS Number: 220846; MSDS Number: 8904