Chevron Elite-Cut Metalworking Fluids are a complete line of chlorinated cutting oils. The line consists of individual products with antiweld and lubricity properties to cover practically all metal cutting requirements.
Chevron Elite-Cut Metalworking Fluids:
The nonstaining oils, Chevron Elite-Cut NL, NM, and NH Metalworking Fluids, can be used as dual or tripurpose oils in associated splash, hydraulic or spindle lubrication systems of metalworking machines. Chevron Elite-Cut AM, AH, AXH and AD Metalworking Fluids contain active sulfur and will stain copper and brass.
- provide excellent cooling and lubrication in a wide range of machining operations
- prevent welding of chip and tool
- flush chips away from the work area
- protect the finished work surfaces, tools and machines against rusting and staining
- reduce oil mist in high-speed machine tools
Do not use Chevron Elite-Cut Metalworking Fluids in high pressure systems in the vicinity of flames, sparks and hot surfaces. Use only in well ventilated areas. Keep container closed.
The severity of the machining operation and the machinability of the metal are the criteria for selecting the proper cutting oil.
Chevron Elite-Cut NL Metalworking Fluid
- Service Classification: Light Duty, Nonstaining
- A general purpose cutting oil for use where machining requirements range from light to moderate severity on free machining steels and moderate machining operations on intermediate and difficult nonferrous metals and alloys.
Chevron Elite-Cut NM Metalworking Fluid
- Service Classification: Medium Duty, Nonstaining
- A low odor, light colored cutting fluid for use in automatic screw machines and other moderate machining operations. It can be used to meet all three lubricant requirements in automatic screw machines: cutting oil, hydraulic fluid and machine lubricant, eliminating contamination caused by leakage from the lubrication system into cutting fluid reservoirs.
Chevron Elite-Cut NH Metalworking Fluid
- Service Classification: Heavy Duty, Nonstaining
- Contains the highest level of antiweld and lubricity performance for use in severe machining operations on difficult nonferrous metals. It may be used undiluted or blended with Chevron Bright-Cut® NHG Metalworking Fluid to adjust the formulation to the demands of a wide range of machining jobs.
Chevron Elite-Cut AM Metalworking Fluid
- Service Classification: Medium Duty, Active
- A versatile, general purpose cutting oil that is often the most practical oil for job shops and plants with centralized cutting oil systems. It can be used on carbon steels and alloy steels. It provides the cooling needed for light-to-moderately severe machining operations. It gives excellent tool life and finishes in operations such as tapping, threading, drilling, gear shaving and turning.
Chevron Elite-Cut AH Metalworking Fluid
- Service Classification: Heavy Duty, Active
- Giving superior performance over a wide range of applications, it is suitable for machining tough alloy steels and stainless steels. It is well adapted for broaching, threading, tapping and other difficult operations requiring a heavy duty oil for tool life and finish. This oil may be blended with Chevron Bright-Cut® NHG Metalworking Fluid for less severe applications.
Chevron Elite-Cut AXH Metalworking Fluid
- Service Classification: Extra Heavy Duty, Active
- Ideal for situations where improved surface finish and longer tool life is needed for the most difficult machining operations. It is recommended for heavy duty broaching, threading, and tapping, particularly for soft stringy steels which tend to tear easily, leaving a poor finish. It is recommended for use with alloy steels, stainless steels, tool and die steels, titanium and titanium alloys, and ni
||CPS Number: 233941; MSDS Number: 7766