||Elvax® 40W has a higher vinyl acetate content compared with the other Elvax® resins resulting in higher elongation, reduced hardness, improved solubility and adhesion, and significant differences in compatibility. To minimize viscosity changes in hot melt blends during processing, Elvax® 40W also contains butylated hydroxytoluene(BHT). Elvax®40W is supplied in pellet form and to prevent the pellets from blocking, low levels of an amide wax have been added to the polymer.
Elvax® 40W is also suggested for use as a modifier in:
- Laminating adhesives for a variety of substrates including plastics and films. This grade provides the extended open time often needed in industrial assembly
- Lacquers for wood, metal, metal foils, paper, and films
- Fabric and decal coatings
- Heat-seal coatings for backing card stock used in blister packaging
- Wood primers and sealers. Combinations of Elvax® 40W and nitrocellulose form the basis for wood sealers offering toughness and good intercoat adhesion
- Elastomer-based hot melt and hot melt pressure-sensitive adhesion formulations
- Natural and synthetic elastomers to improve resistance to ozone cracking
- Caulks and sealants, including those based on asphalt
- Asphalt road repairing compositions for resurfacing, patching, and crack sealing to improve low temperature flexibility, strength properties, and adhesion
- Traffic paint formulations
- Solvent-based and wax-based inks
Information provided by DuPont.