Chevron SRI Grease is a high temperature ball and roller bearing grease.
It is formulated with ISOSYN® base stocks, a synthetic polyurea ashless organic thickener, and high performance rust and oxidation inhibitors (the latter to provide superior rust protection in severe applications). Its texture is smooth and buttery and its color is dark green.
Chevron SRI Grease passes ASTM D 1743 73 rust test
with 5% synthetic sea water. It gives longer bearing life under high speed and high temperature operation than most other widely used antifriction bearing greases. ASTM D 3336 tests show that the life of a 204 K bearing lubricated with Chevron SRI Grease and operating at 150°C (302°F) and 10,000 rpm is about 3000 hours. This is nearly 10 times the life possible when using conventional lithium greases.
Chevron SRI Grease is recommended:
- for use in a wide range of automotive and industrial applications
- for use in antifriction bearings operating at high speeds (10,000 rpm and greater)
- where the operating temperatures are on the order of 150°C (302°F) and higher
- where there is a likelihood that water or salt water will get into the bearings
It performs satisfactorily in bearings at temperatures as low as -30°C (-22°F).
Applications where Chevron SRI Grease will outperform most other greases include:
- As a "life-pack" lubricant by manufacturers of automotive generators, alternators, and starters to protect against the effects of moisture and roadsplash
- Bearings on air-conditioning units in homes and other buildings
- Unsealed electric motor bearings operating under moist conditions
- Applications where silent operations are required
Original Equipment Manufacturers that specifically recommend Chevron SRI Grease are:
- Bearing manufacturers: NSK, NTN, FAG, SKF, NMB, GMN Torrington, and American Koyo.
- Electric motor manufacturers: Reliance Electric Company, U.S. Motors Division of Emerson Electric Company, Toshiba International, Magnetek National Coil Company, and Lincoln Electric.
- Auto manufacturers: Chrysler, General Motors, and Ford.
Chevron SRI Grease is registered with NSF and is acceptable as a lubricant where there is no possibility of food contact (H2) in and around food processing areas. The NSF Nonfood Compounds Registration Program is a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, which is based on meeting regulatory requirements of appropriate use, ingredient review and labeling verification.
||CPS Number: 254504; MSDS Number: 6979