||Texaco Taro 40 XL delivers value through:
- Wear protection — Performance results in the latest design medium speed trunk piston diesel engines have shown that the high level of alkalinity of this lubricating oil controls cylinder liner wear effectively and protects bearings from corrosion. High performance antiwear additives provide excellent protection against adhesive wear for cams, camshaft and bearings.
- Reduced foaming and improved water tolerance — Texaco Taro 40 XL provides a high degree of water tolerance and antifoam protection.
- Prevents deposits — Provides exceptionally clean crankcase interiors, keeps oil control rings clean and prevents deposit formation throughout the engine. Extends oil filter cleaning intervals. Has excellent insolubles control.
- Oxidation stability — Texaco Taro 40 XL withstands high thermal stress of high output trunk piston engines and reduces undercrown deposits. Lubricating qualities of the oil remain at a very high level over long periods of use and engine parts are protected from the corrosive effects of oil oxidation products.
- Rust protection — Effective inhibitor package prevents corrosion of engine parts when the engine is not in operation.
- Balanced additive combination — Ensures high quality performance with excellent overall protection. Provides minimum maintenance and down-time, long engine life and economical operating costs.
Texaco Taro 40 XL is a high performance very high alkaline diesel engine oil for medium speed trunk piston diesel engines burning residual fuels with a maximum sulfur level of 5%.
Texaco Taro 40 XL is blended from high quality base oils and additives that provide an extra margin of protection against ring sticking, piston deposits, and wear under the most severe operating conditions.
Texaco Taro 40 XL has very good viscosity control when used in severe high temperature service and its excellent alkalinity retention characteristics prevent corrosive wear over long periods of operation.
The unique detergent and dispersant additive system provides outstanding piston cleanliness as well as good heavy fuel related contaminants handling characteristics. This results in significant reduction of both "hot" (piston lands and grooves, piston undercrown, purifier preheaters) and "cold" (crankcase, cambox, rocker area, fuel pumps, purifier bowl) deposits.
Texaco Taro 40 XL is recommended for all types of trunk piston diesel engines burning residual fuels with a maximum sulfur level of 5%.
Texaco Taro 40 XL meets the performance requirements of API Service Category CF.
Typical test data are average values only. Minor variations which do not affect product performance are to be expected in normal manufacturing. CPS Number: 221689; MSDS Number: 8753